• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

can I legally keep adults away from my minor child

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dawnao

What is the name of your state? GA

My 15 has recently started getting into trouble. She went to school drunk and was arrested. I have also caught her with cigarettes and marijuana. I believe that she is getting these illegal items from some older kids that live in the neighborhood. These kids are actually adults, 18 years old or older. I have no proof that this is where she is getting the drugs and alcohol but I feel certain that they are involved. Since my daughter is a minor, is there anything legally I can do to keep these adults away from my child?

JETX

"is there anything legally I can do to keep these adults away from my child?"
*** It could be possible to get a PO (protective order) against them if you can prove to the court that it is needed. The problem you will have is, if they are doing the stuff that you allege, they are already showing their disdain for the law, why would they be concerned about a PO??

The real issue here is your daughter. You need to try to get her to agree to not see them, not the other way around. This may require you to take some drastic actions, such as sending her off to a relative, keeping a full time watch on her, etc.

dawnao

Thanks for the reply! We are trying to sell our house and move out of this neighborhood and I do watch her constantly but it's difficult to montior a teenager 24/7. Maybe a PO would be enough to keep them away until we can move. Thanks again.

T

tgriffin32

keep adults from children legally

My daughter's grandparents had her for a visit and then refused to bring her home, disconnected their phone and then made false allegations with SRS to keep her their during the investigation. The investigation was found false and they were made to return my daughter home. Before she got returned home she had an accident in their yard and broke her femur. They managed to take her to the hospital on the day she broke it, two days later they did surgery and I was never contacted. Can I keep them and their father whom was also there away from my kids and seek legal action?

JETX

tgriffin: Please don't 'hijack' someone elses thread. It is both rude and confusing when someone answers the other and you think it is to yours.

Please delete your post on this thread and start your own new one.

T

tgriffin32

keeping adults from minor child

I wasn't trying to hijack anyone's thread, I was merely sharing information on an incident I had and was willing to let her know how I managed to keep child away from adults. I am far from stupid.

JETX

Re: keeping adults from minor child

tgriffin32 said:
I wasn't trying to hijack anyone's thread, I was merely sharing information on an incident I had and was willing to let her know how I managed to keep child away from adults. I am far from stupid.
*** Sorry, but your own post asking "Can I keep them and their father whom was also there away from my kids and seek legal action?" shows it to be exactly that, hijacking someone elses thread with YOUR issue and asking for advice.

No matter how you try to 'spin' it, that IS hijacking someone elses thread.

"I am far from stupid."
*** And so are we.

stephenk

Re: keeping adults from minor child

tgriffin32 said:

what information did you share?

D

dyinginside

I was just wondering if the person has a complex. I dont see anywhere where anyone said they were stupid....

D

dyinginside

. Can I keep them and their father whom was also there away from my kids and seek legal action?
tgriffin32

i KNOW i found this info to be a great deal of help....thanx tg

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">