• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I save my reputation?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

steelgrl

What is the name of your state? PA

Somebody please help. I really don't know where to turn. I have worked for a union for over 17 years. Two years ago there was an election & new officers in control. Since that time I have been subjected to pretty much daily harrassment of one kind or another -- sexual, threat of job lose, contract disputes, discrimination -- you name it. A couple of the officers started giving me prescription Xanax when they saw how stressed out I was on the job. One thing led to another and I was soon buying cocaine from those officers and using that as well as Xanax on a daily basis. I recently checked myself into a rehab and also admitted to my union representative that I had been stealing money from work to support my habit. The union rep. said that if I resigned and kept quiet about the drugs at the union hall they would not file criminal charges but would allow me to make restitution. I resigned. I am now finding out that the whole Executive Board of the union was told that I was in drug rehab. The only way they could have known this was through the head of our Employee Assistance Program who made the arrangements for me to go in to rehab. It is now common knowledge throughout the community. I've also just received a phone call from the agent who handles my 401-k plan. She received a call from the president of my local saying that they were filing theft charges against me and demanding that any and all assets be frozen.
Is there anything I can do to stop my reputation from being destroyed?

S

seniorjudge

"...Is there anything I can do to stop my reputation from being destroyed?..."

What is your reputation now?

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Uuuuh..... you were using prescription drugs not prescribed for you, you were using cocaine, you stole from your job. WHAT reputation?

stephenk

so the new officers that you claim were harassing you were also the same people providing you with the drugs?

IMHO, the OP's original post seems to have been generated from the lingering effects of just one more Xanex and one more snort.

I could be wrong.

S

seniorjudge

Florid-aise said:
IMHO, the OP's original post seems to have been generated from the lingering effects of just one more Xanex and one more snort.

I could be wrong.

There are some posts on here that are pure hoaxes. But, lawyers are easy targets.

steelgrl said:
This post is not a hoax. However, I obviously came to the wrong place to look for answers.
You did NOT come to the wrong place looking for answers. You are going to have a difficult time absorbing those answers as a result of your unconscionable and inexcusable conduct.

You are likely to get into very deep trouble yourself. A product of your own making I might add.

Your union officials stand an extremely good chance of getting into very deep trouble themselves. A product of their own making I might add.

Any more questions?

HomeGuru

steelgrl said:
This post is not a hoax. However, I obviously came to the wrong place to look for answers.

**A: here's another answer- the truth speaks for itself and there is no denying that you were/are a druggie and need rehab.

S

seniorjudge

seniorjudge said:
"...Is there anything I can do to stop my reputation from being destroyed?..."

What is your reputation now?
Would you please answer this?

BTW, I did NOT say your post was a hoax. Read my post.

steelgrl

I'm sorry I didn't answer your question previously. I thought you were being sarcastic. As far as my reputation goes, it has always been steller. I was born and raised in the same small community I still live in now at the age of 45. I've never had any trouble with the law or drugs before, I'm well educated and have always been a hard worker. I have completed rehab and have not used any substances since my last day on the job. I know that the things I've done are inexcusable, but it's killing me to think that my whole life may be destroyed because of the bad choices I've made. I don't want my kids to hear things about me at school. That is why I agreed to resign my position and keep my mouth shut about the dealing being done at the office.

sorry but by your own actions you made your life an open book. ever hear of the freedom of public information act? i knew a person that did something similar to the uaw union here in michigan, he was elected treasurer of the uaw and took money to buy his wife a new house and a corvette back in the late 70's. he had to pay back every dime he took plus lost his GMC job and now works as a sales rep door to door. he also was told it would be kept quiet, but sorry to say its all open public knowledge once criminal charges are started and it made the papers, it took him 20 years for things to die down enough to where he could get the job he has now. when your bank told you your assets were froze that should tell you that everythings going to come out. your best bet would have been to hire an attorney and let him handle things from the start because now it looks like your going to be hung alone. think about it this way, would you believe a known drug addict pointing fingers at others in the union? i know its not what you wanted to hear, but thats life. i'm an ex con and have been living with my past for 10 years now just so you understand i'm not picking on you. we all make dumb mistakes, the real trick is learning from them and trying to be a better person for having to learn the hard way.

S

seniorjudge

steelgrl said:
...I'm sorry I didn't answer your question previously. I thought you were being sarcastic....
You asked:
"Is there anything I can do to stop my reputation from being destroyed?"

And then I asked:
"What is your reputation now?"

How can you say that is being sarcastic?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">