• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

can i still get justice?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

E

emmyk

What is the name of your state? AZ

i was raped repeatedly almost every day by my stepfather 8 years ago and now i feel like i should say something.. i was too afraid before.. is till am very afraid but i heard that hes living with other kids now and im am worried for them.. i am just wonderinf if tehre is anything that i can do.. i dont want to start something if nothing can be done because i havent really told anyone that it happened.. im not even sure my mom knows.. only a few freinds that i have told.. i was too afraid to tell people about it. i heard that ic ould sue and that i might still be able to have him put in jail.. i was jsut wondering waht could happen and what the chances of anyone believing me that it happened since i didnt tell anyone.

Jeter

See a lawyer and a therapist. Don't fall into the trap of thinking that nobody will believe you. DO IT NOW! Don't hold onto that knowlege without taking action while he is in the presence of other children!

E

emmyk

i was jsut wondering if its been too long.. is there a a time frame that i have.. like after so many years can i still charge himw ith it?

calatty

It depends on whether Arizona has a law extending the statute of limitations for child molestation offenses in criminal or civil cases. From a quick check it looks like it doesn't. If you report the abuse to the police, they can tell you if it is too late to prosecute. You can also contact a civil attorney to find out if you can still sue him. You can contact Child Protective Services to investigate if he is currently molesting. Since most people who have been molested don't report the crimes until years later, your chances of being believed are very good.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">