• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I sue?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lindabrooke

I rescued 2 kittens that I found to make sure they were healthy, and to cure this eye infection that I noticed. I specified that I want a full kitten check up, and they said they did everything. They gave me eye drops for the eye infection, and the vet said they had a respiratory infection, ear mites, and fleas, and gave me the medicine to cure all of that. A month later I brought them back for a check up, and they said that everything was all better in them. I moved a month later, and took them to a new vet, and they were ready for another check up. The new vet tested them for feline leukemia because they said that the old vet didn't do that, even though they were supposed to. They tested them, and they ended up testing positive for leukemia. I brought these 2 kittens into my home with another cat, because I was under the influence that everything was clean with them, and now I have to worry about my old cat having Leukemia, since he was exposed to the kittens. Is it possible that I could sue the old vet for faulty procedure/practice of NOT testing them, even though they were supposed to be tested in their first visit? What would you suggest?

CdwJava

Did you have any reason to believe the previous vet HAD tested for the leukemia? And even if your un-named state might require the vet. to test for leukemia that does not necessarily mean you have grounds for a suit because he did not.

But, you can always add up your damages, make a claim to the first vet., and when he denies the claim you can take him to small claims court and see what a judge says.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">