• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I write a letter to the judge after a ruling?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

asking4help

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NC

I am very upset with the ruling mainly because the other people involved lied under oath, my lawyer did not get enough info at Closing or when there was opportunity and the judge made a poor ruling. I do not want to threaten or have my letter come across any more then to give my side of facts that were omitted or that the judge did not consider.

seniorjudge

Double post warning

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NC

I am very upset with the ruling mainly because the other people involved lied under oath, my lawyer did not get enough info at Closing or when there was opportunity and the judge made a poor ruling. I do not want to threaten or have my letter come across any more then to give my side of facts that were omitted or that the judge did not consider.
https://forum.freeadvice.com/other-crimes-federal-state-4/accussed-trying-kill-someone-open-court-437012.html

asking4help

I don't get your post!

Forgive me, I'm not trying to be stupid but sure am feeling that way after your post. Am I missing something totally? I really am in a bind and trying to resolve. TIA

asking4help

This was district court for an anti-harassment order.

I thought there was no chance to appeal. Also do I now have to pay the other parties legal fees? Can they take me to Small Claims court?

FlyingRon

So don't harass people. This isn't a conviction so the there's no "beyond a reasonable doubt" requirement, just a preponderance of evidence. If you want to vacate the order you're going to have to make a proper motion with supporting data. A letter isn't going to cut it. If this is such a big thing to you, consult a lawyer. However they're likely to tell you early on the slim chances of vacating such an order.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">