• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can interstate criminals act with impunity?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New Jersey

Greetings! I have a criminally insane registered sex offender stalking me from out of state. This person is a hard case. For some reason he didn't like something I said on the Internet and has been harassing me mostly by Internet for a very long time. I have never met him. Being he is a registered sex offender on Megan's Law of course his address is public information.

I have repeatedly contacted the sex offender bureau in his home state and his local sheriff's departments and I know for a fact he has been visited by said agencies on a number of occassions. You would think this would be enough to get the hardnose ex-con off my back but no. The abuse level is just as high as ever and never waivers. I have contacted the FBI many times as well regarding this case.

Recently I was the victim of approximately 5 telephone harassments from the offender, all *57'ed. His local authorities and my local authorities basically say the same thing: The crimes are not severe enough for my local police to travel to his state to arrest him. And his local authorities would like me to come to their state to possibly effectuate an arrest. They keep saying "the crimes are committed in your home state" which I find incredulous because in my estimation he's committing the crimes where he stands.

I think if I continue on the course of the FBI they may eventually do something. Also I can petition the police where I live to send me to his state to take care of it there, but then again if that happens he technically has to commit the crimes all over again while I am there.

I would like to ask you something: What, if anything can I do to get this lunatic off my back and a just resolution to this matter?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Posting history, folks? If you're not here to answer the question what are you doing on this thread?
I imagine Isis is here to warn people of your posting history before they put a lot of time or energy in to responding.

This used to be a good place to talk to people, shoot the breeze a bit. At times it degrades into nothing more than schoolyard bullying. You know there's a big push to end childish behavior on the Internet. I don't know if it's going to succeed or not.

Now back to the premise of the thread-does anyone have any advice for me about the situation at hand?

Last edited:

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
This used to be a good place to talk to people, shoot the breeze a bit.
Funny, as long as I've been associated with this forum, it's been a place for legal questions and answers. This is not a chat board. Your posting history is an important thing to review prior to deciding whether to wast...err...commit time or energy to responding.

Isis1

This used to be a good place to talk to people, shoot the breeze a bit. At times it degrades into nothing more than schoolyard bullying. You know there's a big push to end childish behavior on the Internet. I don't know if it's going to succeed or not.

Now back to the premise of the thread-does anyone have any advice for me about the situation at hand?
Childish behavior is not agaist the law!! If that were the case, the ex would have executed by now!!

Funny, as long as I've been associated with this forum, it's been a place for legal questions and answers. This is not a chat board. Your posting history is an important thing to review prior to deciding whether to wast...err...commit time or energy to responding.
I guess you're a little peeved that I made it onto the People's Court and you didn't? Sheeze.

Anyway, I'm here for information not to play.

>Charlotte<

Lurker
Ah, geez, here we go with the "You should be impressed because I'm famous" crap. Next up--one of the conspiracies, perhaps? The post office, the neighbor, the landlord, the New York Public Library, or the family. The sister snuck invisible pins into his drinking water. I don't remember what the mother did.

Then he'll disappear for a while and come back three months later, all "Hey guys!" like we're best buddies and we don't remember his bizarre rantings.

Maybe the definition of insanity really is doing the same things over and over, expecting different results.

Proserpina

Ah, geez, here we go with the "You should be impressed because I'm famous" crap. Next up--one of the conspiracies, perhaps? The post office, the neighbor, the landlord, the New York Public Library, or the family. The sister snuck invisible pins into his drinking water. I don't remember what the mother did.

Then he'll disappear for a while and come back three months later, all "Hey guys!" like we're best buddies and we don't remember his bizarre rantings.

Maybe the definition of insanity really is doing the same things over and over, expecting different results.

Admittedly, the library one was my personal favourite. :cool:

I suggest OP moves.

Changes name.

Embraces anonymity.

Goes away.

Gets life.

What happened to the days when crappy posts were invisible and people came here not to play but to get advice on something that was on their minds?

Btw, it was fun being on the People's Court. There were six giant cameras rolling so I never knew which one to look into.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">