• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can parents press charges if girl is 18?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cbrutaldrummer

What is the name of your state? IOWA

My girlfriend turns 18 in two weeks. She is forced to live in a hell hole, when she turns 18 she wants to move out. Her dad is a control freak and if she moves out I think he will try to pull something stupid.

Once she is 18 can he do anything to me? Even if he has evidence of something?

Shay-Pari'e

cbrutaldrummer said:
What is the name of your state? IOWA

My girlfriend turns 18 in two weeks. She is forced to live in a hell hole, when she turns 18 she wants to move out. Her dad is a control freak and if she moves out I think he will try to pull something stupid.

Once she is 18 can he do anything to me? Even if he has evidence of something?
Evidence of what? That is how you will get a answer.

cbrutaldrummer

Evidence of anything, for instance me giving her a kiss in a picture, I don't know if that's breaking the law or not, but I know he got a hold of one of her camera's and develop'ed it. There was certainly nothing more than that on there, but it is me touching her on the lips.

Shay-Pari'e

I don't see a problem with the ages when she is 18, but what on earth could the parents have on you?

When she is 18, she is legal to do whatever she want in regards to your relationship.

Last edited:

cbrutaldrummer

I don't believe her parents have anything on me, but seriously her dad is crazy, and a compulsive liar. He just got out of jail for stalking some lady, he is scared to be alone and attaches himself to her or the girl he stalked. She put him in jail and he still goes around her and talks to her (the lady that he stalks that is).
So when my girl friend turns 18 and moves out I'm pretty sure he's gonna be furious and who knows what he will try to do.

Shay-Pari'e

cbrutaldrummer said:
I don't believe her parents have anything on me, but seriously her dad is crazy, and a compulsive liar. He just got out of jail for stalking some lady, he is scared to be alone and attaches himself to her or the girl he stalked. She put him in jail and he still goes around her and talks to her (the lady that he stalks that is).
So when my girl friend turns 18 and moves out I'm pretty sure he's gonna be furious and who knows what he will try to do.
Dealing with psycho people was not in your origional question, and frankly, I don't know who is psycho in this mess.

I am handing this off to someone with time to weed through it. Her name is Kelly, and her screen name is Titansfan.

Just Blue

--PARIDISE-- said:
Dealing with psycho people was not in your origional question, and frankly, I don't know who is psycho in this mess.

I am handing this off to someone with time to weed through it. Her name is Kelly, and her screen name is Titansfan.

ROTFLMFAO!!!!!!! :D

cbrutaldrummer

--PARIDISE-- said:

I am certainly not psycho by any means. I just asked a simple question. I asked because I do not know if they can press charges against me even if she is 18. As I stated before her parents are extremely immature and irresponsible. They behave like children with "he said she said" arguments, they steal money from their kids and then lie about it; it's rediculous. I just asked a simple question and needed a answer. I did not want someone who was going to insinuate something, or try to make a joke. I am not here for someone to try to make me look like a fool, in which case you did; hence the person laughing.

The law works in funny ways, and I have not studied it; so I figured I would ask someone who has. It's very easy to make up a story and take it to the police to get even with someone. So that is why I asked the question.

Just Blue

cbrutaldrummer said:
I am certainly not psycho by any means. I just asked a simple question. I asked because I do not know if they can press charges against me even if she is 18. As I stated before her parents are extremely immature and irresponsible. They behave like children with "he said she said" arguments, they steal money from their kids and then lie about it; it's rediculous. I just asked a simple question and needed a answer. I did not want someone who was going to insinuate something, or try to make a joke. I am not here for someone to try to make me look like a fool, in which case you did; hence the person laughing.

The law works in funny ways, and I have not studied it; so I figured I would ask someone who has. It's very easy to make up a story and take it to the police to get even with someone. So that is why I asked the question.

When you girl is 18, she can move out! End of story! As to what her parents will do.......who knows?

lestat

you are a fool

Sounds like to me you have been having a sexual relationship with someone under age,and her parents have found out and are holding that over your head.And they are saying if she moves out they are going to press charges against you.Well first of all they should,and they could if they could prove it,and the only way they could is if they had a video(wouldn't doubt it)letters admitting to it,or her saying that you did.A picture of you kissing her doesn't fall under statutory rape.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">