• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can a private college legally shut down a dorm elevator?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Kobrakai

My school decided to shut down the elevator due to vandalism caused by a select few. I live on the 8th floor, and I am really not enjoying this. Is it even legal to just shut down an elevator?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
When you come back and fulfill the requirements of posting here, someone will answer your question.

You Are Guilty

Must be a community college.

OP, look at it like this - the school is actually offering you a free aerobics class, you ought to be grateful.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
I'll give you a hint. When you open up the message box to type in your message, the as yet unfulfilled requirement appears in big red letters directly above.

seniorjudge

cbg said:
I'll give you a hint. When you open up the message box to type in your message, the as yet unfulfilled requirement appears in big red letters directly above.
Poster is tired from walking up and down those stairs and is resting at the moment.

rmet4nzkx

Kobrakai said:
My school decided to shut down the elevator due to vandalism caused by a select few. I live on the 8th floor, and I am really not enjoying this. Is it even legal to just shut down an elevator?
Exception to this could be as ADA accommodations. Without state or city, no other advice can be given. It will do you good to climb 8 flights of stairs.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">