• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can somebody please help me?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

just a victim

I am a 19 yr old female from Illinois and just three months ago, I was the victim of a crime. It happened while I was visiting my sister and brother-in-law at their home in Alabama, with my best friend and my brother. The day before we left to come home, we found a hidden camera in the bathroom that my friend and I had been using throughout our stay. My brother-in-law admitted that the camera was his, although he claims that it got into the bathroom "on accident", and that it had been meant for his and my sister's bedroom. I should also note that the camera WAS indeed still hooked up to both a TV and a VCR at the time we discovered it. He says that he never watched or videotaped myself and my friend, although I do not believe him. My parents urged me not to contact a lawyer or the police, due to my sister's pregnancy, but I know it's not too late to do something. My brother-in-law HAS admitted that the hidden camera was in the bathroom, but he has not admitted to using it to watch me and my friend. What could I do to him, legally? Please help me...

B

bbarbie

I'm not an attorney but....

I would tell my sister, then she could do what she wishes
its her husband and if I were you I would not go over there
until something from your sister was done about it, or I'd tell everyone so that they would know.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">