• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

can someone help me

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

W

woteeme2

What is the name of your state? mississippi... i was recently split up with my girlfriend of 8 years.. we have a kid together.. in the process of us being split up, i had my kid.. i let him go with her for 3 days on the agreement she bring him back after the three days were up.. after 3 days she wouldnt answer phone or have any contact with me and i didnt know what was going on with my kid. so i went over to there house.. she called police on me. well the police come and they inform her that im not doing any thing wrong,the only way they could make me leave her alone for the night was if she pressed charges.. so she pressed stalking charges.. i was not stalking.. any way we are back together now.. she wanted to drop charges but they wouldnt let her.. so just to get it over with i plead guilty.thinking i would just have to pay a fine and be done with it.. they gave me 12 months probation, a 600.oo fine, and i have to see a po1 time a month,but i have 2 also pay 75 dollars every time i go.. i cant afford that... what do i do?i have 30 ndays to appeal it but have no clue how to go about it. i dont even know if they can do all that to me,especially with the situation,,,,, pleaze reply

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

woteeme2 said:
What is the name of your state? mississippi... i was recently split up with my girlfriend of 8 years.. we have a kid together.. in the process of us being split up, i had my kid.. i let him go with her for 3 days on the agreement she bring him back after the three days were up.. after 3 days she wouldnt answer phone or have any contact with me and i didnt know what was going on with my kid. so i went over to there house.. she called police on me. well the police come and they inform her that im not doing any thing wrong,the only way they could make me leave her alone for the night was if she pressed charges.. so she pressed stalking charges.. i was not stalking.. any way we are back together now.. she wanted to drop charges but they wouldnt let her.. so just to get it over with i plead guilty.thinking i would just have to pay a fine and be done with it.. they gave me 12 months probation, a 600.oo fine, and i have to see a po1 time a month,but i have 2 also pay 75 dollars every time i go.. i cant afford that... what do i do?i have 30 ndays to appeal it but have no clue how to go about it. i dont even know if they can do all that to me,especially with the situation,,,,, pleaze reply

My response:

Simply, you have no grounds for an appeal. The fact is, you plead "guilty" to the crime, giving up your right to a trial.

What you "thought" and what the "reality" was, are two different things. You had an opportunity to obtain counsel, and you obviously didn't avail yourself of that "right".

It's over. Take your medicine like a man, and stop whining.

IAAL

W

woteeme2

i am always liable

thanks for responding.. i know i have giving up my rights to a trial... that was a mistake on my behalf, but i was also instructed to do so by the prosecuter,those were also his words( plead guilty and just be fined) nothing was ever mentioned about probation until i seen the judge... i have 2 questions ...#1 i was told by the judge i could appeal within 30 days.. how do i go about that? #2 was there ever a case against me? especially if she wanted to drop the charges ? thank you

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">