• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can They Really Make Me Do This?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

SASSIESTGURLNGA

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? LOUISIANA
OK THIS IS REALLY FOR MY HUSBAND BUT I REALLY NEED SOME HELP ON THIS ONE. A FEW YEARS AGO HIS EX-WIFE WROTE SEVERAL HOT CHECKS AND FORGED HIS NAME TO THEM. HE WAS ARRESTED & PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS. HIS PROBATION WAS THEN REVOKED AND HE SERVED ALMOST TWO YEARS IN JAIL FOR THESE. NOW ALMOST FIVE YEARS LATER THE DA'S OFFICE IS SAYING THAT HE MUST PAY THE AMOUNT OF THESE CHECKS. I DONT UNDERSTAND HOW THEY CAN REQUIRE HIM TO PAY RESTITUTION AFTER SERVING THE TIME FOR THE CRIME. THE AMOUNT OF THESE CHECKS IS OVER $1500.00 AND THEY ARE ASKING THAT WE PAY $250.00 A MONTH AND FAX THEM A COPY OF THE MONEY ORDER BEFORE IT IS SENT TO THEM TO SHOW THAT IT IS BEING DONE. IF I DONT DO THIS HE WILL BE REQUIRED TO APPEAR IN COURT AND POSSIBLY GO BACK TO JAIL FOR NOT PAYING. IF ANYONE COULD TELL ME WHAT TO DO I WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE IT. MAYBE I CAN CREATE A CIVIL CASE AGAINST THIS PARISH OVER THIS AND MAKE IT ALL GO AWAY.

THANKS,
JACKIE
[email protected]

rmet4nzkx

A sentence may include fines, restitution and or incarceration, without knowing the statute under which he was convicted it is impossible to say other than there must be some court order.

Please understand, if he was innocent, he should have been able to prove his innocence, then, of course he is going to tell you it is someone elses fault. It is too late to appeal, however if he does have proof that he did not commit the forgery he might be advised to go before the judge and ask for modification of the fine. Your husband should consult with a criminal defense attorney.

C

CheeseBlotto

Did you have to pawn your caps lock key to make your trailer payment?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">