• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

can we ask for a different judge?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Estrelita05

What is the name of your state? Colorado

My husband was charged with criminal mischief (domestic violence) last November. (We had an argument, and he broke one of my belongings.) He took a plea bargain and was ordered to attend domestic violence classes. He recently missed some classes (due to his work schedule) and was discharged from his classes. Now he has to go back to court. The problem is that, not long after he appeared in court the first time, he was asked to participate in a review of the judge that handled his case. (He and I both felt that the judge was biased and didn't handle his case as well as he should have, and he said this in the review.) My question is, having participated in this review, should he stand before this judge? The judge may or may not know who participated in the review, and if the judge knows that my husband gave him a negative review, he may not be fair at this hearing. Is there any way that he can ask to stand before a different judge, given these circumstances?

seniorjudge

The GENERAL rule is that once a judge takes a guilty plea or presides over a hearing where guilt is found, you can't get rid of him.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">