• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can you make any money while drawing disability benefits?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tigger22472

My mother in law is a diagnosed paranoid skitzo. that has the mental level of say a teenager. She receives social security benefits for this. The one thing I can say is she's really good with young children. She babysits for a little girl that is 2 for a measly $35 a week. Her friends have tried to convince her that she can lose her benefits from SSI if they found out. I'm not promoting her not telling SS but I thought(and this is why I'm here asking) that she could bring in a small amount of income. I would hate to see her stop babysitting this child for it give the woman something to do with her time and in actuality helps her maintain her sanity better. This amount to a total of $150 a month. If she were to tell SS would she lose benefits(she can't afford her meds without it)?? The mother pays her cash so there's no paper trail but her friends are pressuring her to stop babysitting.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">