• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can you Be Prosecuted for Bad International Checks ?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

I

IWearThePants

What is the name of your state? California

My stupid ass husband tried to make a payment to an international company without checking our bank balance. He never even bothered to check with me first.

My question is this- Can he be prosecuted for an international bad check?

RobertMiller

International Bad Check

Thank you for your posting, and the opportunity to serve you further.

A check can be prosecuted in the jurisdiction where it was written, no matter where it ended up eventually. As a result, the answer is yes, your husband can be prosecuted if it gets that far. My best advice to you would be to voluntarily contact the company, explain the situation, and offer a payment replacement immediately.

I hope that this information helps.

Robert Miller, Esq.

Last edited by a moderator:

BelizeBreeze

RobertMiller said:
Thank you for your posting, and the opportunity to serve you further.

A check can be prosecuted in the jurisdiction where it was written, no matter where it ended up eventually. As a result, the answer is yes, your husband can be prosecuted if it gets that far. My best advice to you would be to voluntarily contact the company, explain the situation, and offer a payment replacement immediately.

I hope that this information helps.

Robert Miller. Rdq
]
Robert.
While it is always a pleasure to have the input of another attorney on this forum, unless you have paid FA for the right to advertise I would strongly suggest you change your signature line and remove the reference to your website.

Last edited by a moderator:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">