• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

can't find statutory stuff anywhere

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

W

WolfNik

What is the name of your state? Illinois

Hey I'm in a criminal justice class and I can't find a single site including the Illinois website that can give me the right law for my situation I was assigned so here it is....

A girl and a guy dated for 11 months and decided to have sex 9 months into the relationship. He was 17 and she was 15 when they first engaged in sex. After they broke up they continued to have sexual relations even after he turned 18 and she turned 16. They were then caught and procedures were taken from there. What are possible outcomes of this situation?

Ths big thing I can't find is laws for him after 18 also the fact that they first did that when he was only 17. I'm not really sure if it makes a difference or not when they first did it. That's why I am here asking ya'll.

Any help would be great ....I have a week to do the project. I can't find any websites to get this information because all the ones with Illinois just talk about 17 and under....so what happens when he turns 18? I'm stuck. But ya anyways thanx for any help in advance.

P.S. Don't even bother askin because this sitatuion is not my life because Im not even that old.

P

Pfaffing85690

No, we do not do homework but at least you were upfront about it so here's a hint.

Age of Consent.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
And here's another hint:

The information on the website that you will get if you follow the lead Pfaffing gave you, is incorrect for several states.

W

WolfNik

ya I dind't ahve any luck with that website anyways.....so can ya'll atleast tell me if the guy should or should not get in trouble and I'll find the sentences and punishments and stuff and all the other stuff for my paper.....so can I get a yes he will get in trouble or no he won't so atleast I know where to lead myself? remember it's in Illinois.....thanx!

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Sorry, Wolf. I did all my own homework; Pfaffing and Mykoleary did their own homework; now it's time for you to do your own homework.

W

WolfNik

aww come on jsut a simple yes or no......haha. you tell your kids that they have to do all their homeowrk without any help? if so then lets pretend its real life and that is really happening to someone....haha would they get in trouble?

W

WolfNik

aww come on jsut a simple yes or no......haha. you tell your kids that they have to do all their homeowrk without any help? if so then lets pretend its real life and that is really happening to someone....haha would they get in trouble?

mykoleary

If you can't decide, try flipping a coin.

Or, try using Google to find the laws for Illinois and READ. I'm not in your class, and I found them doing that in the process of less than 5 minutes.

You'll find very little sympathy for slackers here...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">