• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Car keyed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

bspec

What is the name of your state? Illinois

My friend is being taken to court because her ex-boyfriend's mom is accusing her of having keyed their car. The only evidence they have of this is the ex-boyfriend's testimony, which isn't true. Will a judge accept his testimony and will they be able to get money from my friend?

Beth3

I can't imagine how anybody here can possibly predict whether the judge will find the ex-boyfriend's testimony credible or sufficient to prove the case if he does. Your friend is just going to have to wait and see what happens in court.

B

bspec

I didn't exactly mean it like that. I was just wondering if it was enough to find someone guilty of this.
But thank you.

H

hmmbrdzz

I can imagine if they've got the evidence and two witnesses who claim your friend keyed the car, the judge will probably rule in favor of the mom, and yes -- your friend will have to pay for it. If your friend didn't do it, the ex and mom are going to have to be viewed as liars. Your friend better put on her Sunday best that day.

hmmbrdzz

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">