• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

car stop for smoke

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

joe black 322

What is the name of your state? san joes, CA.
My son of 20 yrs. old went to see a friend till about 10pm. the dad of the friend brought my son home in his car.
The dad of his friend was stoped by the police for to much smoke coming out of tail pipe. What I want to know, the police ran my son and his friend ID through their computor for wants and warrants and held them for 20 mins..Is the police by law have the right to do that just because the car was putting out to much smoke?
Please reply Joe Black 322

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

joe black 322 said:
What is the name of your state? san joes, CA.
My son of 20 yrs. old went to see a friend till about 10pm. the dad of the friend brought my son home in his car.
The dad of his friend was stoped by the police for to much smoke coming out of tail pipe. What I want to know, the police ran my son and his friend ID through their computor for wants and warrants and held them for 20 mins..Is the police by law have the right to do that just because the car was putting out to much smoke?
Please reply Joe Black 322

My response:

Simple answer - - yes.

The officer, for his own safety, and that of the public safety, has an obligation and duty to know who he's dealing with. For all he knew, all the occupants were escaped criminals, or otherwise on the run.

This is the most common way for criminals to be caught.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">