• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Car Vandalism Help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

onlyben

What is the name of your state? Wisconsin

Here's the whole story:
A month ago, I was hanging out with some of my friends. Three girls, and 2 guys. The two guys were in a seperate vehicle following us, the girls were with me. For whatever reason, we decided to go to this person's house and vandalize her car. The three girls made a big scratch on the side of the car, put eggs in the gas tank, and we left. I didn't do anything, and the other two guys only egged it a little bit.

A few days later, the person that's car got egged suspected one of the girls that was with us, but had no proof. She played it off as if nothing happened and it seemed to end there. Then just recently, they found the box of eggs, and got tape of the two guys buying the eggs at Wal-Mart.

One of the two guys told the cops exactly what happened. The other guy is getting an attourney before he talks to hopefully get a lesser fine because he didn't scratch the car, or put egg in the gas tank. He'll most likely tell the truth as well. Now as for me and the girls, I told the investigator I don't know what happened that night, as it was a month ago, and the other girls are going to say the same.

As of now, the investigator seems to think it was just the guys because the fact that one of them is getting an attourney which seemed to make the cop suspicous.

So...it seems like it's going to be a vicous cycle. The guys are going to say what happened, we're going to say we didn't do it. In total, the fine would be $900. I myself didn't do anything but drive that night.

I suggested to one of the guys that hasn't talked to the cop yet that they admit to egging houses/signs/whatever that night, but deny anything that happened to the person's car.

What should we do? I don't want ANYONE to get into trouble for this stupid thing we did. The investigator said he could get fingerprints from the box, but it was the guys' box and there could be tons of prints on there including ones from the stockers at the store.

If it does go to court, there's no doubt I'll tell the truth. I'm just hoping it doesn't go that far.

What do you think will happen of this? What should we do?

Curt581

Hopefully, the person whose car was vandalized will retaliate by keying and egging your car.

Since you don't want anyone to get in trouble, and don't think it's a bad idea to lie to the police, you won't do anything about it, will you?

nohr4u1yr

I hope you get...

I hope you all get what is coming to you!!

I had my car keyed by some punk kids and it cost me over $2,500 to get it repainted.

Your parents must be so proud to have a child that has total disregard towards other peoples property.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">