• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Career Felon

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

ljones756

What is the name of your state? Baltimore, MD

I live in Washington, DC I have a brother who is now incarcerated with Life without Parole.
In 1987, he had begun experimenting with some older guys on his block they were introducing him to the street life. The older guys were already under investigation, and my brother sold 2 rocks on two different days to an undercover. Several months later a warrant was issued for his arrest, he was found guilty of two counts of distrubution under one conviction. And served six-months in a halfway house for the (felony charge).
In 1990, he was a part of another investigation, and was arrested for an unspecified amount of cocaine, he was given a plea bargain that if he cooperated he would receive 15 years in jail, but he denied it, for fear of his life. During sentencing they called him a career felon saying that he had two priors. Can these charges really count as two seperate although it was only one conviction with two counts. And if it is valid, he was arrested for $40 dollars worth a crack cocaine, should this term hold a life sentence? We need help my brother has been in jail for twelve years and it seems very unfair, the crime doesn't fit the time, if you can help or have suggestions please give me some feed back. Thanks

This charge is with the Feds, and was issued in Maryland under the fourth circuit[email protected] Career Felon Career Felon Career Felon Career Felon Career Felon

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">