• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

carrying a weapon

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

saccromyces

I was issued 2 tickets in ky for having two weapons in a national park. Can an attorney friend in ky defend me since the case is in federal court located in Tenn?
Also what is the likely outcome of this case? Fine, and will I be bale to get the weapons back?

Last edited:

FlyingRon

You attorney friend should be the one to ask. Generally, any lawyer can represent in Federal court (no particular state bar is required). However, you might consider getting counsel with direct experience in what you're facing.

You Are Guilty

Just to clear one thing up, a lawyer needs to be specifically admitted to the particular Federal bar in order to practice there (District Courts and Court of Appeals require separate admissions as well). So unless your KY friend is admitted in (whichever) TN District the case is in, no, he can't represent you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">