• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Caught After Steeling Automobile

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

E

Everlast1869

What is the name of your state? Washington

Hello. Is steeling car is criminal case or civil case? What is the highest punishment can you get if caught after auto theft? And is there any statutory limitation for this kind of crime, if so how many years?

Thank you.

C

coosi

What is "steeling" an automobile? Do you mean to say you stoled it?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

coosi said:
What is "steeling" an automobile? Do you mean to say you stoled it?

My response:

That was cute, Coosi. Most cars are made of steel.

To the original writer - -

Do you have a plan? Let's hear it! And, before you take that daring leap into the world of crime, perhaps you might want to take some time out from your busy criminal schedule for some education and learn to spell.

IAAL

Last edited:
C

coosi

For my Homie

Now I told you so you oughtta know
Take some time for our feelings to grow
You're so close now I can't let you go
And I can't let go.

(With you I'm not shy)
To show the way I feel
(With you I might try)
My secrets to reveal
For you are a magnet and I am steel.

I can hope that I'll hold you for long
You're a man who's lost to your song
But the love that I feel is so strong
It can't be wrong.

(With you I'm not shy)
To show the way I feel
(With you I might try)
The secrets to reveal

(With you I'm not shy)
To show the way I feel
(With you I might try)
My secrets to reveal

You are a magnet and I am steel
You are a magnet and I am steel
You are a magnet and I am steel.

D

DogToenails

Believe it or not, the statute of limitation is only 30 days after the theft. If you are not charged by then, then you are entitled to the vehicle. You should go to the prior owner's house and demand the title. If he refuses, contact the police.

D

dyinginside

lmao

yeah, and tell them possesion IS 9/10ths of the law

JETX

"Hello. Is steeling car is criminal case or civil case?"
*** It IS a criminal case, and could be a civil case since the owner and/or insurance company can come after you to recover their 'damages' caused by you.

"What is the highest punishment can you get if caught after auto theft?"
*** Washington Revised Code:
"RCW 9A.56.070
Taking motor vehicle without permission.
(2)(a) A person is guilty of taking a motor vehicle without permission in the second degree if he or she, without the permission of the owner or person entitled to possession, intentionally takes or drives away any automobile or motor vehicle, whether propelled by steam, electricity, or internal combustion engine, that is the property of another, or he or she voluntarily rides in or upon the automobile or motor vehicle with knowledge of the fact that the automobile or motor vehicle was unlawfully taken.

(b) Taking a motor vehicle without permission in the second degree is a class C felony."

RCW 9A.20.021
Maximum sentences for crimes committed July 1, 1984, and after.
(c) For a class C felony, by confinement in a state correctional institution for five years, or by a fine in an amount fixed by the court of ten thousand dollars, or by both such confinement and fine.

The actual sentence that you may receive is based on a complex 'sentencing grade' that would evaluate prior history and other factors and set your sentencing levels.

E

Everlast1869

Thank you.

If I drive the automobile out of state, will it be a federal case within jurisdiction of FBI? Will the punishment be harsher?

About the statute of limitation, I meant the time limit, which the theft can be suid. I believe in some states rape's statute of limitation is 8 years etc.

HomeGuru

Everlast1869 said:
Thank you.

If I drive the automobile out of state, will it be a federal case within jurisdiction of FBI? Will the punishment be harsher?

About the statute of limitation, I meant the time limit, which the theft can be suid. I believe in some states rape's statute of limitation is 8 years etc.
**A: why did you not tell us that your questions were homework questions for class?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">