• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Caught Creepy Neighbor Taking Pictures...

• Thread starter CurrentResident
  • Start date

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

CurrentResident

What is the name of your state? CALIFORNIA

I'm looking for advice on what to do about the following situation:

The two old people (male & female) living next to me were having a party today, when my dogs started barking wildly and didn't stop when I called them. I looked outside to see what was causing them to go crazy and I caught my creepy neighbor (male caucasian, late 50's/60's with white hair & moustache/beard) leaning over the fence between our property with his camera and taking pictures of my house/property!!!

I have a window on the side of the house he was taking photos of, so he may have been taking photos of the inside.

I confronted him right then and there and demanded to know what he was doing. Creepy neighbor replied he was just taking pictures of my dogs. I demanded to know WHY and he stammered and bleated out some rubbish about "Ben (referring to himself in the 3rd person!?!) was just having a party and..." upon which he began to walk away.

I asked if he wanted me to call the Police on him and he replied, "Oh no, no..." So I called the cops.

Well, the cops talked to creepy Ben and he told them, "it was an accident" (WTF?!?!), at which point he looked over the fence to me and yelled, "It was an accident and you shouldn't think anything of it."

When I replied how it could be an accident, creepy Ben replied, "Oh, you want to play that way... fine!" The cops then told him to go in his house.

The cops said he didn't do anything criminal so they can't do anything and they left. They didn't even find out what the heck he was taking pictures of!

Is there anything that I can do to prevent any further harassment of this sort from this creep?

Postscript: I warned the neighbors who lived near creepy Ben about the incident since they all have small children or teenagers.

Any advice that can be provided would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance!

HomeGuru

CurrentResident said:
What is the name of your state? CALIFORNIA

I'm looking for advice on what to do about the following situation:

The two old people (male & female) living next to me were having a party today, when my dogs started barking wildly and didn't stop when I called them. I looked outside to see what was causing them to go crazy and I caught my creepy neighbor (male caucasian, late 50's/60's with white hair & moustache/beard) leaning over the fence between our property with his camera and taking pictures of my house/property!!!

I have a window on the side of the house he was taking photos of, so he may have been taking photos of the inside.

I confronted him right then and there and demanded to know what he was doing. Creepy neighbor replied he was just taking pictures of my dogs. I demanded to know WHY and he stammered and bleated out some rubbish about "Ben (referring to himself in the 3rd person!?!) was just having a party and..." upon which he began to walk away.

I asked if he wanted me to call the Police on him and he replied, "Oh no, no..." So I called the cops.

Well, the cops talked to creepy Ben and he told them, "it was an accident" (WTF?!?!), at which point he looked over the fence to me and yelled, "It was an accident and you shouldn't think anything of it."

When I replied how it could be an accident, creepy Ben replied, "Oh, you want to play that way... fine!" The cops then told him to go in his house.

The cops said he didn't do anything criminal so they can't do anything and they left. They didn't even find out what the heck he was taking pictures of!

Is there anything that I can do to prevent any further harassment of this sort from this creep?

Postscript: I warned the neighbors who lived near creepy Ben about the incident since they all have small children or teenagers.

Any advice that can be provided would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance!
**A: I agree with the cops as there was nothing illegal in this case about what creepy Ben did.

dequeendistress

http://www.creepyclown.com/

please follow the link and confirm identity of neighbor.

It sounds like a civil and not criminal case...matter of harrassment. Maybe the neighbor has ummm...mental problems? IE unusual behavior...remember: he mental or not; also shares those civil rights, be careful to whom you tell what...for example "warned the neighbors" make sure all is truth and not retaliation...BTW I need to move so if creepy moves send me a line...
(spelling fairy is on vacation)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">