• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Caught with Fake ID

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

ThanhyBaby

What is the name of your state? Washington

I was caught with a fake ID and have a court hearing monday. I didn't answer any questions from the police and I blew zeros on the breathalizer. A friend let me borrow the ID and I don't want to get her in trouble but I also want to save my own ass. Should I go in, plead guilty, and take the fine or seek an attorney? I am a college student so I don't have thousands of dollars to work with. More like a couple hundred. Any advice would help at this point. Also, on the ticket it says that my race is white however I am asian. Can I use that to my advantage?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

ThanhyBaby said:
What is the name of your state? Washington

I was caught with a fake ID and have a court hearing monday. I didn't answer any questions from the police and I blew zeros on the breathalizer. A friend let me borrow the ID and I don't want to get her in trouble but I also want to save my own ass. Should I go in, plead guilty, and take the fine or seek an attorney? I am a college student so I don't have thousands of dollars to work with. More like a couple hundred. Any advice would help at this point. Also, on the ticket it says that my race is white however I am asian. Can I use that to my advantage?

My response:

What are you complaining about? You knew that it was wrong. You knew that it was illegal. Isn't that the whole point of "fake I.D." anyway? You knew that if you got caught, it would be "curtains" for you. So, what are you bitching about?

By all means, use the "race card". That'll do you a whole world of good.

Take your lumps.

IAAL

waterblazinfb

My response: What are you complaining about? You knew that it was wrong. You knew that it was illegal. Isn't that the whole point of "fake I.D." anyway? You knew that if you got caught, it would be "curtains" for you. So, what are you bitching about?

By all means, use the "race card". That'll do you a whole world of good.

Take your lumps.

IAAL
Oh okay because using a fake id for drinking is such a crime when years ago it was legal to drink at 18, and currently the U.S. is the only place where you have to be 21 to drink? Maybe the government/cops should be more concerned about the BIGGER issues currently in the world instead of college kids just living life the way they want to. why don't you LIVE LIFE instead of giving BS answers on a legal forum... maybe "THAT'LL DO YOU A WHOLE WORLD OF GOOD".

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Oh okay because using a fake id for drinking is such a crime when years ago it was legal to drink at 18, and currently the U.S. is the only place where you have to be 21 to drink? Maybe the government/cops should be more concerned about the BIGGER issues currently in the world instead of college kids just living life the way they want to. why don't you LIVE LIFE instead of giving BS answers on a legal forum... maybe "THAT'LL DO YOU A WHOLE WORLD OF GOOD".

Did you even GLANCE at the date? This thread is over 3 years old! :eek:

PS: HWSNBN's post was just as correct then as it is now.

CdwJava

waterblazinfb said:
Oh okay because using a fake id for drinking is such a crime
Well, it IS a crime and the OP knew it was three years ago when she wrote that post.

when years ago it was legal to drink at 18
A lot of things used to be legal and now they aren't. It used to be legal to beat your wife and hold slaves, too. What the law used to be is irrelevant.

and currently the U.S. is the only place where you have to be 21 to drink?
So that makes it wrong??

Maybe the government/cops should be more concerned about the BIGGER issues currently in the world
I don't patrol the world - I patrol a city. And nothing about enforcing a state law (likely a misdemeanor) is preventing the US or any other government agency from addressing bigger issues.

And if you looked at the level of problems concerning college kids and alcohol, it would only strengthen the argument FOR even greater controls on alcohol consumption!

- Carl

CdwJava

FlyingRon said:
Not true. I can name at least five countries other than the US.
Well, I know that I found many with younger ages, some with NO age restriction, and some where it is banned altogether, but none who were at 21 like the US ... but, I admittedly didn't search far.

- Carl

CdwJava

Crazed98 said:
Only real problems are sex with fat ugly girls
If you leave early, then you will still only have your fantasy ...

"She was awesome! I swear she was Pamela Anderson!"

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">