• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

caught in someone elses scam

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

Kelli716

What is the name of your state? New York City
Recently I cashed checks in the amount of $2,934.00 for another person, over a period of three weeks. She stated that she had lost her id, and had no bank account. I cashed these checks for her, now the manager of the supermarket where I cashed them tells me that the checks were counterfeit. I DID NOT know that these checks were bad. The manager already went to the precinct to press charges, what will happen to me????? I need help, I have five small children, I cannot go to jail for this. I had no idea what was going on. I haven't been contacted by any detectives yet, but I know they will be coming any day. What do I do????? Somebody please help me. Am I going to be in trouble for this???? What can I do? Please help!!

HomeGuru

Kelli716 said:
What is the name of your state? New York City
Recently I cashed checks in the amount of $2,934.00 for another person, over a period of three weeks. She stated that she had lost her id, and had no bank account. I cashed these checks for her, now the manager of the supermarket where I cashed them tells me that the checks were counterfeit. I DID NOT know that these checks were bad. The manager already went to the precinct to press charges, what will happen to me????? I need help, I have five small children, I cannot go to jail for this. I had no idea what was going on. I haven't been contacted by any detectives yet, but I know they will be coming any day. What do I do????? Somebody please help me. Am I going to be in trouble for this???? What can I do? Please help!!
**A: you go down to the station and turn this person in today.

K

knorris

did you profit by cashing these checks for her, ie: did she give you any money. is your name and or d.l or i.d # listed on the checks
you could be looking at conspirecy charges or something like that you would have to prove you had absolutly no knowledge that the checks weren't real, could you get her to testifiy to that fact, i would give the police her name in a heart beat... were was she claming all this money was coming from ?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">