• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Caught underage with a bac

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Cmhayes

im in Arizona and I was at a football game. I had a couple beers before but I wasn't stumbling drunk. I went to the bathroom and got asked by these cops dressed as fans to take a breathalyzer test. I didnt know what to do so I took the test and got a .06. They gave me a ticket to appear in court but I heard that portable breathalyzers aren't substantial evidence In court. I also did not tell the cops I was drinking. Do I say I'm guilty or can I fight it saying I was given a spiked drink at the game or something

LdiJ

im in Arizona and I was at a football game. I had a couple beers before but I wasn't stumbling drunk. I went to the bathroom and got asked by these cops dressed as fans to take a breathalyzer test. I didnt know what to do so I took the test and got a .06. They gave me a ticket to appear in court but I heard that portable breathalyzers aren't substantial evidence In court. I also did not tell the cops I was drinking. Do I say I'm guilty or can I fight it saying I was given a spiked drink at the game or something
Fighting it by lying is a foolish move. Consult an attorney to see if you have a more viable option for fighting the citation.

quincy

You might be smart to plead "not guilty" at the initial hearing and use the time between the initial hearing and the subsequent hearing to consult with an attorney in your area, unless you can speak to an attorney prior to the hearing. It is possible that the ticket can be dismissed.

Do not lie in court and do not lie to the police. Say nothing to the police at all without speaking to an attorney in your area first.

Good luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">