• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

CC burgalry in PA

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Bmurphy28

What is the name of your state? PA

OK this is my first time posting here. But I NEED some help. A few years ago, when I was 19, my cousin (17) and I dressed up all in black and took some flashlights with us at about 1AM. We had the intent to rob a business that was down the road from us. I had fallen on hard times and was desperate. Now as I began to walk towards it I begun to have second thoughts. I turned to leave but saw a cop coming. My cousin and I split but were later caught back at the house. We were taken into the station and confessed to the fact that we were going to break in and look for money or food. We did not want to but the cop said we were not leaving until we confessed. So we did and went back home. This opened my eyes and I moved out of my aunt and uncles house and moved in with my grandmother, which was about 45 minutes away. I got a job and then my own place. Months later I recieved a letter in the mail saying I was to appear in court because I had been charged with conspiracy to commit burglary and posession of a weapon of crime (flashlight). I was eventually put on the ARD program. The ARD program is a program for first time offenders. You do some community service, go on probation for a year, and pay fines. So I complied and things went on. I since have moved to NC. Since moving to NC I have become a manager for Finish Line and met my future wife and I think we are expecting a baby soon. Life couldnt be better. But now I have been getting letters saying that I need to appear in court because I had been removed from the ARD program. I was unable to attend the hearing because it was in PA. I contacted the courtroom and was told that I had not completed all of my community service and that my trial would re-enter trial. I sent a letter from the place I did the community service. Since I sent that I have heard nothing back and can not get ahold of my old P.O. The one letter I did recieve said that the charge was burlgary not conspiracy to commit burglary. I dont know if this was a mistake or what but I do know that it should be conspiracy to commit burglary. Im scared if the trial re-enters court what am I facing. I have come so far since then and do not want to lose it all now. Now in my defense no crime was commited so what could I actually be up against? Also on this website I saw that burglary is defined as attempting to break into a dwelling in which a person will sleep. The business I had stupidly targeted was exactly that a business not a dwelling. So please please please tell me what I am facing. PLease put my mind at ease. Email me @ [email protected] Thank you everyone for your time and patience.
Brandon

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">