• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Cemetary Visit on Halloween

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

baboy71

I just got back from a really embarrising experience with a cop.

Me and a buddy thought that it would be fun to visit a cemetery at 10:30 on Halloween, you know its dark, its scary, get the adreniline rushing.

There were no thoughts of vandilism, and we dont worship satan, but the cops got there about 10 minutes after we did, and this officer started grilling us like we were one of the aformentioned.

I understand kicking us out, but threating us with hugh tresspassing fines, and jail terms. They did let us go after about 20 miniutes.

This was not a private cemetery as far as we could tell. It had no gates, no "No Trespassing" signs It was a large cemetery along the side of a dark country road.

The question is, were we doing somthing Illegel? They let us go, but is there anything that they can still do? (they took are drivers licence away and ran them in the computer?)

Please help me!, I am just a poor college freshman, and I dont want any trouble.

oh, this is in tennessee

[This message has been edited by baboy71 (edited November 01, 2000).]

HomeGuru

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by baboy71:
I just got back from a really embarrising experience with a cop.

Me and a buddy thought that it would be fun to visit a cemetery at 10:30 on Halloween, you know its dark, its scary, get the adreniline rushing.

There were no thoughts of vandilism, and we dont worship satan, but the cops got there about 10 minutes after we did, and this officer started grilling us like we were one of the aformentioned.

I understand kicking us out, but threating us with hugh tresspassing fines, and jail terms. They did let us go after about 20 miniutes.

This was not a private cemetery as far as we could tell. It had no gates, no "No Trespassing" signs It was a large cemetery along the side of a dark country road.

The question is, were we doing somthing Illegel? They let us go, but is there anything that they can still do? (they took are drivers licence away and ran them in the computer?)

Please help me!, I am just a poor college freshman, and I dont want any trouble.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Did you get their badge numbers? If so call the station and report them. I bet the station tells you that they do not have any officers currently on the force with those badge numbers and no officers called in to report anything at a cemetary on Halloween. Those badge numbers were used by other officers but they retired and died over 25 years ago! Rest In Peace.

L

LadyBlu

Speaking of Halloweenie haunts... I am going to take my kids to this bridge out in the county about 45 miles fromhere this comming weekend.. story goes that this school bus went into the river and all the kids were killed.. so now if you go to this bridge at night you can hear the kids crying and you put flour on your car(dont know how you get it to stay) and turn off your car and the kids will try to push your car into the river..

*S* gives me goosebumpies just thinking about it.. Should be pretty interesting..

Jenifa

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MySonsMom:
OMG Lady, I heard about that story. Tell us what happend if you do go. :)<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, if we don't hear from LB2 by Monday, chances are she's walking home with the kids, because the kids pushed the car into the river. LOL

L

LadyBlu

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jenifa:
Well, if we don't hear from LB2 by Monday, chances are she's walking home with the kids, because the kids pushed the car into the river. LOL

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I am kinda freaked(psyched) about this.. lol, I have heard stories about it for years.. and since my kids like a good scare I figured this would be a good one..
*S* and yes, if you dont hear from me by monday.. lol, we could just be in the river with them.. frozen with fear..

threedogs

We have a variation of that old ghost story in our town.

Legend has it that ghosts of confederate soldiers live under the old covered bridge. If you put a snickers on the roof of your car and turn off all the lights at midnight...they will come and get the candy bar.

I never quite understood why they like Snickers....I mean they weren't very popular during the civil war era if you know what I mean.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">