• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Changed Venue Criminal Court to Municipal Court

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

veryconfusednj

What is the name of your state? NJ

My Ex husband reestablished a credit card in his name but under my dormant account. At one point he was an Authorized user. We were divorced for 4 years already when he did this. Complaint was filed, 2c:21-6B & 2C:21-17A4, the County Prosecutor said it had to go to the municipal judge because there wasn't enough evidance. Although we have the signed Credit card slips from the company with his signature. And he states that this was his card and I'm being malicious. HE paid on it until I found out about it then stopped payment, my credit dropped drastically and I went from 3% to 29.99% on my credit cards.

The Municipal prosecutor say's it's going to be hard to prove since the County prosecutor said it was a hard case.

Now if I drop the case am I openening myself up to be sued by him, for his attorney fees? THe prosecutor say's to just go to a Civil suit. But my time is up on it since this has been in the courts for 2 years. And we still haven't had a hearing

seniorjudge

veryconfusednj said:
What is the name of your state? NJ

My Ex husband reestablished a credit card in his name but under my dormant account. At one point he was an Authorized user. We were divorced for 4 years already when he did this. Complaint was filed, 2c:21-6B & 2C:21-17A4, the County Prosecutor said it had to go to the municipal judge because there wasn't enough evidance. Although we have the signed Credit card slips from the company with his signature. And he states that this was his card and I'm being malicious. HE paid on it until I found out about it then stopped payment, my credit dropped drastically and I went from 3% to 29.99% on my credit cards.

The Municipal prosecutor say's it's going to be hard to prove since the County prosecutor said it was a hard case.

Now if I drop the case am I openening myself up to be sued by him, for his attorney fees? THe prosecutor say's to just go to a Civil suit. But my time is up on it since this has been in the courts for 2 years. And we still haven't had a hearing

Two prosecutors have told you that there is a poor criminal case.

Thus, if you want anything from him, you will have to sue him in civil court.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">