• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

charged but not involved, sick of court

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

blazer1173

What is the name of your state? Connecticut

Well, 2 years ago I witnessed an accident. Three cars were racing and one crashed. The driver and one of 2 passengers died. The one passenger that is still alive says she doesn't remember the accident or anything less than an hour before the accident.
This is what happened. I was on my way home from my cousin's house and then two cars came up behind me. They were messin' around and swerving back and forth. After a couple miles, a car pulled out in front of me. They were about a mile ahead. Then, the two cars behind me, passed and went flying ahead. They caught up with the vehicle in front. Then they were messin' around behind them. Now they passed that car. But this car sped up to play with them. They got about 2 or 3 miles ahead of me. About 5 minutes later, I came over a hill and seen a wrecked, smashed and fire engulfed car. So I did the nice guy thing and stopped to see if I could help.
As I was standing there waiting for the ambulance and police, I overheard the two other driver's talking. And they were saying "don't tell the cops we were racing" and "we can just play it off like we were driving by".
When the cops arrived they did there thing and talked to other witnesses. Then to the other driver's. Then they came over to me and asked what I had saw. I told them nothing really. The car was wrecked before I came over the hill. But I did tell them about how they were playing around and what the kids said. The witnesses all said I was not involved. But I have still been charged with Reckless Driving, Racing, and Speeding.
I have a lawyer, but I still don't seem to be getting anywhere. I have been going to court for a year and a half. Any advice on what I can do, or how to speed it up?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">