• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Charged with a felony

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

Nolle Prosequi

What is the name of your state? VA

I just found out that I was charged with a felony, and need to know what I can do. In June 1993 my husband and I had a roommate living with us. The gentleman that was living with us apparently used my video club card to rent 2 movies. Needless to say he did not return them. I was completely unaware this had happened until the manager of the video store call me in late 1993. We discussed the situation and both agreed that I was not the one who checked out the movies. I never heard back from them.

I just learned that the video store filed felony charges against me in May 1997. I was never informed there were any charges pending against me! They apparently set a court date for June 1997 and the final disposition was Nolle Prosequi.

I now how a record of being charged, not convicted though, of a felony! Is there anything I can do? Can they bring charges against someone almost 4 years after the supposed date of offense? Can I still fight the charges? Can I get this charge off my record?
Thanks for your help!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">