• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

charged with unathourized use of access card, i'm innocent

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

Bethey

What is the name of your state?
louisiana

I was arrested and charged with unauthorized use of access card, an exboyfriend had let me use it to pay travelling expenses to travel to see him and now, almost a year later, he claims I copied the #'s off his card and used it, he also used the card in the 4 mo. period we dated, he couldn't say i stole the card so he said i copied the #'s down, he also filed another false report saying i illegally went into his home 12 mos after we broke up, i haven't seen or spoken to him since we broke up, but they arrested me anyway without any proof at all that it was me or could have been me that went into his home. i can't afford an attorney, i sat in jail for 3 mos and just now made bond, i am afraid the public defender won't work my case and just try to shuffle me through on a plea bargain. is there any free legal aid i can get, i live in the new orleans area.
HELP!!!

C

coosi

This is a link to the New Orleans Innocence Project. I think it's for prisoners but if they can't represent you, they can probably refer you. Give them a call...

http://www.ip-no.org/

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">