• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Charged w/3 counts distribution of meth.........asked to narc on local doper.........

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

MBass

It is me again, when I was brought into the local jail the morning of my arrest(last Wednesday) I was immediately ask to narc on a local dealer. Isaid I didn't think I should do that. I was put in the cell and have not been spoken to since. I called my friend(the person logging this information on for me) and told her to call the officer that offered me the deal and tell him that I would work with him like he asked. He told her that I obviously couldn't keep my mouth shut and that I should have just passed him a note by some other officer. It is a known fact through out this community that the local authority is somewhat shady. We've had the same sheriff for over twenty years. He has unreal monetary possesions for a man on a sheriff's salary, there have been MANY incidents that were obviously ignored by him and his officers. I mean, the only cop that is somewhat trustworthy is the one that offered me the deal and now he says that I should have passed him a note or something? Information leaks out of this sheriff's office like water runs over Niagra... I want to do what I need to do to reduce my charges which will in turn reduce my time. I want to go to rehab, I want help, I do understand that I have to pay for my illegal activities but I am positive that I am being used as a pawn to make our local authorities look good. I've never even been the big time dealer they think I've been, just another junkie trying to support my bad habit. I need some advice as to what my rights are while I am stuck here under this bond,facing my 2nd felony conviction in a state that, as of January 1997,will send me to prison for nearly 20 years for this crime. The distribution was a very minimal amount. It was just a way to pay for my own purchase. And now that I would like to straighten up, I have been arrested. Is there any such thing as having a trial like this one moved or maybe having it observed by federal officials unassociated with the local authorities? I just want a FAIR trial and I don't believe I will get one here where the judge,sheriff, and officers see me only as the stupid boy I have been. They did not know of my decision to quit, but they waited four months to serve the warrants on me. They waited to see if I would do some BIG deals or something. I didn't because I was trying to get out. Now, I am willing to do what they've ask me to do, but they are not willing to reduce any of these charges. PLEASE PLEASE email me and tell me if there are any rights that I have that may help me with this situation. I am afraid that my chance to live normally may be over before I even got to try. Do not respond if you don't have anything intelligent to tell me. By the way, I live in Louisiana

[This message has been edited by MBass (edited October 07, 2000).]

D

deeken25

THIS is not pleasant.But that dosen't mean it's not intelligent.From the eyes of the world your are a rediculous,non-productive person in this society.Unfortuatly the 1 million criminals before you who swore they were trying to clean there acts up and didn't have made your credability non-exsistant.As far as fighting the Luisiana State goverment goes your a person who has used drugs, been shot, and been convicted of a felony .I seriously doubt that the federal goverment is going to be interested in anything you have to say or exspecially over supposed law abiding citizen's like sheriffs ond police officers.My condolences to you but your in denial right now

S

sha_rae

Hey been in simialar situations and understand. This is my advise on a subject I know. DO NOT SNITCH!!! It doesn't matter what they tell you if your town or community is as small as you say it is word out about that and then what. Awnser a few questions. Is this your first offense? How much where you caught with?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">