• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Charges & Arrest Record

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

badandi

I am in Atlanta, Georgia. Last April, I was charged with Theft by Taking. I turned down all negotiations and asked to go to trial. In January, as a last ditch effort, the state threatened to drop the current charge and recharge me for 40 counts of forgery and theft by taking. I refused and asked for trial. Because Fulton County is so busy and the case will be lost by the state if it goes to trial, it is likely buried and will never come up. Nothing has moved, and the state seems disinterested in picking up the case.

How long can the arrest and charges stay on my record? What will happen to the case if it never goes to trial? Don't they have to do do something - dismiss, move it along, something? My ChexSystems record has a note from my bank that says "suspected of fraud activity" based on accusations and I can't get a bank account to save my life - is there anything I can do about this stuff if it's never proven?!

Thanks!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">