• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Charges in Philadelphia

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

gooter87

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? I live in utah but was charged in Pennsylvania.

I am 31 years old and received a possession of a firearm in Philadelphia back in 1998, was convicted in 1999. Now this charge is getting me fired i cant keep a job, and i moved to Utah in 2004 to escape all that and create a new life and i cant get past it. Since then i have gotten a degree in computer science, multiple computer certifications and it doesn't mean anything to my job. Is there a way i can get around this to keep my job and support my family? I am also African American. Any legal advice help would be appreciated.

FlyingRon

There's no expungement of convictions (practically) in Pennsylvania. Pardon's are possible but involved. Regardless, the issue of your firing is entirely at the discretion of your employer if it involves your criminal history. I don't know why you mentioned race, you were not being discriminated because of that.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">