• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Check Forgery

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

Lisad22

What is the name of your state? NH
We just moved into a new house and general contractor has a key. They are completing punch list items. General contractor's employees and subcontractors are the only people who had access to my house. Last week I discovered my daughter's xmas money was missing and a check was processed against my bank checking account for $670. Further investigation showed an entire book of 24 checks was stolen from the house. The check was abviously forged. All fingers point to Gen Contractor employees and/or his subcontractors employees. Can I sue the General Contractor if it is one of his employees or one of his subcontractors employees who stole the checks

L

Lisad22

Yes, We have filed a police report and an affidavit of forgery at our bank. PD will be looking at surveillance tapes at bank to identify the forger. Obviously I want to prosecute this person to the fullest extent of the law, but can I also file a suit against the contractor? Isn't he responsible for the people that work for him? They are still building 6 more houses in this development.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">