• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

check fraud???

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kathi2047

What is the name of your state? TN

Can I press charges against ex for depositing a ck payable to both of us into his own personal bank account (not joint). Ck payable to both names ie: JOHN SMITH JANE SMITH no and, no or, just both names and our home address on the pay to. I called his bank they told me to have the sender return the ck due to endorsement.

B

Bad_apple_1983

i hear that

hey my ex husband did the same thing this year with our taxes. he had our taxes from last year, got my social off those, filed online(free for MILPERS)and when i entered school, and called irs to get a copy of my 2004 taxes, they asked if i needed those AND my 2005 taxes...i was confused, and then the woman proceeded to tell me i WAS CLAIMED on a tax return filed in march by mr Joe Doe, and that they did the EFT with the amount...i've been curious also...i was unaware of this till the woman mentioned it...good luck with it...post if you find out that you can, cause if so, i imagine the irs might want to know(well on my part anways haha)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">