• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Check Fraud

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

EB3

What is the name of your state? Florida

I was fired from my job on Friday after they discovered that I deposited checks made out to other companies into my check account. There is also an issue of redirecting customer refunds to my account. To the tune of 20K. They told me they were not going to press charges, however, the bank froze my bank account, which is leaving me no money for an attorney, no money for my mortgage (which is how this started in the first place - I was desperate, and extremely stupid) I didn't deny it when they accused me of it - I'm sort of relieved it happend - and they were very lenient with me, I was fired, had to fill out a police report - was not arrested - what do I expect now? I'm mortified that this happened, but I had was desperate and very very stupid as I said - at the time.

moburkes

What could happen? The company can attempt to get you prosecuted. The bank will attempt to get you prosecuted. You will also have your bank account overdrawn for the amount of the checks that they cashed, that didn't belong to you. What isn't returned to the company, you will be asked to pay back.

Did you really think that you would be able to use those stolen funds to hire an attorney?:confused:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">