• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Check Fraud

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

slappy01

What is the name of your state? Florida.

I recently had some extensive dental work done and made my payments with checks. Shortly arter the second procedure, I received a call from someone who claimed to be from my bank (Bank of America) stating that there had been some fraudlent activity on my account and that my funds were going to be help until their investigation was complete. I told them of the 2 checks that were outstanding to my dentist and I was told that they would be honored. Subsequently they were not and, not I have received calls from the Vero Beach Police Dept. regarding this matter. I did inform the detective working the case that I never intended to write and bad checks and that I had submitted a letter to my dentist office with a postal money order to start making restitution since neither of the 2 checks were ever paid from my account. I received a call back from the detective stating that my dentist has the right not to accept any repayment plan and tha "if I said was true " he would supeina my bank records. The last contact I had with this detective was on 5/6/08 and I left him a message on his voice mail that all I want to do is just pay what I owe and be done with this. I even contacted my dentist office and asked them to send me a statement showing how much my balance is so I can (if needed) get a loan and pay for a debt that I fully acknowledge having incurred.

I have never heard from the person who called me from (supposedly) Bank of America since the initial contact. I have made several attempts to call the number they left me but it goes nowhere. Now, I am starting to feel that I was scammed. According to my bank statements I could not find any of these alledged fraudlent transactions and see no reason to have my payments denied. Any advice you can give would be greatly appreciated.

lealea1005

If you checked your account and found no fraudluent activity, then the funds to coever the checks you wrote will still be in the account. Simple enough to prove. Unless, of course, you're not telling us something.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">