• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Check Kiting charges while paying back?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Dumbo

What is the name of your state? ID

Hi - I think I may be guilty of check kiting - my question is I am making payments to the bank to repay the amount that was paid, can I still have felony charges done to me until it is paid in full? It was not my intent to defraud and I will pay them in full for the check that was covered. But I'm really scared about what will happen as I cannot pay them back in full right now as the balance is still $1600 after making a payment that they cashed. Please advise, thank you!

Simply paying back the money does not erase the crime that was committed. If a felony charge has already been filed then it is not up to the bank anymore. Even after the amount is paid back, the bank can still report the crime and you can still be arrested.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">