• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Check writing

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

susan37

What is the name of your state? Virginia

I had a dominos effect at my bank and have many outstanding checks. I'm trying to pay them as I get them, but I can't get all of them at the same time. What happens once they turn this over to the District Attorney? WIll they send me notice that they have my file or how does this work and what are my options?

M

maira621

I went though this myself not all to long ago. Of course each incident can be handled differantly, here is what happened to me.
For each check, they issued a warrent for outstanding check, i had to go down and be booked, this was my 1st offense so i was able to sign myself out. I went before the judge and was given a time limit to pay the checks off at the clerks office. I did pay them and in time, so the charges where dropped.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">