• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

checking account fraud

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jennysmith199

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Kansas
Recetly i have discovered that after making a over the phone payment to a very big and known company, I have been a victim of fraud. after viewing my bank statement, i realized that one day after i made my payment, someone had made two payments to the same company using my checking account. when i called this company, i was told that there's no way someone could have done that, and that they don't have any fraud/theft department for me to contact. when i went to the police, the detective agreed that chances are, the employee that took my information that day, must have had something to do with that. either she gave someone my information, or she used it herself. Anyway, the two payments stolen from me were both in the amount of $320 dollars. Because of that, i have bouced checks that i had written that week due to nonsufficient funds, and after i found out about it, i had to deal with the headaches of closing and opening a new account. Along with all the fees, and money orders i had to pay. I finally did manage to find a fraud department for that company on my own, and since after numerous phone calls to that company they were not helping me at all (actually avoiding me all the time), My question is: Should i deal with that fraud department? or should i just file a lawsuit in small claims court? I just really want to get my money back, and I need advice on what steps i should take and where to go. I have all my evidence from the bank along with a notarized affidavid. If I deal with the fraud department of that company, will they give me my money back? Or are they just there to take my statement.
Thank you for any advice**************

he name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Antigone*

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Kansas
Recetly i have discovered that after making a over the phone payment to a very big and known company, I have been a victim of fraud. after viewing my bank statement, i realized that one day after i made my payment, someone had made two payments to the same company using my checking account. when i called this company, i was told that there's no way someone could have done that, and that they don't have any fraud/theft department for me to contact. when i went to the police, the detective agreed that chances are, the employee that took my information that day, must have had something to do with that. either she gave someone my information, or she used it herself. Anyway, the two payments stolen from me were both in the amount of $320 dollars. Because of that, i have bouced checks that i had written that week due to nonsufficient funds, and after i found out about it, i had to deal with the headaches of closing and opening a new account. Along with all the fees, and money orders i had to pay. I finally did manage to find a fraud department for that company on my own, and since after numerous phone calls to that company they were not helping me at all (actually avoiding me all the time), My question is: Should i deal with that fraud department? or should i just file a lawsuit in small claims court? I just really want to get my money back, and I need advice on what steps i should take and where to go. I have all my evidence from the bank along with a notarized affidavid. If I deal with the fraud department of that company, will they give me my money back? Or are they just there to take my statement.
Thank you for any advice**************

he name of your state (only U.S. law)?
Why didn't you file a check fraud claim with your bank? They will make you whole.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">