• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Child Abuse

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

forrestgump1967

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?Missouri.
I was a victim of Child abuse in 1971 at the age of three. What are my legal rights to file both criminal charges and civil in Missouri?

Just Blue

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?Missouri.
I was a victim of Child abuse in 1971 at the age of three. What are my legal rights to file both criminal charges and civil in Missouri?
What did the police or DA's office tell you when you reported this? Why have you waited 25 years beyond your legal majority to bring this up?

forrestgump1967

Child Abuse.

I'm just now getting information on my own regarding the Child abuse suffered by me back in 1971. Just now being able to obtain medical records from the two different incidents. I know Missouri Law and United States Federal Law would be applied in these cases even though now I live in Washington. My family has not been forthcoming on information of what actually happened back when I was only three years of age. In Washington the Law says that a victim has until Three years after the victim discovered or reasonably should have discovered that the injuries complained of were caused by an act and that the victim need not establish which act in a series of continuing acts caused the injury compained of.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">