• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Child Abuse Acusations

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Jen2013

New Mexico
I am currently reconciling with my ex-husband and he is facing charges of child abuse against his previous girlfriends youngest child in the criminal complaint it claims he made the child take cold showers which as it turns out he just wouldn't let the child take the scalding hot showers that he liked as well that he would pull him out of bed at night for no reason but the reason was so that he wouldn't wet the bed he made him get up to go to the bathroom because washing sheets everyday was getting old my ex did state that the child one time did throw a tantrum and came running at him screaming and swinging and he just tried to contain him and accidently scraped his face. I have spoke with our children who were around never saw their dad harm the child they did state that her kids were a handful. H goes to court in October for all of this but I am not sure where to start with all of this as we have had to get a public defender due to short funds I know the end of it all as I wok with Probation but the before is hard for me I can help but think that it is in his best dfense to point out that after these charges were pressed she moved him into her home and lived with her for a good year with no further incidents with this child. I have known this man for almost twenty years and the accusations brought against him are outrageous this is not the kind of person he has ever been what do we any hlp and advice is greatly appreciated.

Proserpina

New Mexico
I am currently reconciling with my ex-husband and he is facing charges of child abuse against his previous girlfriends youngest child in the criminal complaint it claims he made the child take cold showers which as it turns out he just wouldn't let the child take the scalding hot showers that he liked as well that he would pull him out of bed at night for no reason but the reason was so that he wouldn't wet the bed he made him get up to go to the bathroom because washing sheets everyday was getting old my ex did state that the child one time did throw a tantrum and came running at him screaming and swinging and he just tried to contain him and accidently scraped his face. I have spoke with our children who were around never saw their dad harm the child they did state that her kids were a handful. H goes to court in October for all of this but I am not sure where to start with all of this as we have had to get a public defender due to short funds I know the end of it all as I wok with Probation but the before is hard for me I can help but think that it is in his best dfense to point out that after these charges were pressed she moved him into her home and lived with her for a good year with no further incidents with this child. I have known this man for almost twenty years and the accusations brought against him are outrageous this is not the kind of person he has ever been what do we any hlp and advice is greatly appreciated.

Honestly? If you two are serious about reconciling, keep away from each other until he's done in court. The LAST thing you want is for CPS coming a-knocking because of your "failure to protect".

The other thing is, you're hearing only one side of the story. His. And I'd bet my last dime that Mamabear's story will be quite, quite different. Make sure he discusses this with nobody but his attorney.

Antigone*

Honestly? If you two are serious about reconciling, keep away from each other until he's done in court. The LAST thing you want is for CPS coming a-knocking because of your "failure to protect".

The other thing is, you're hearing only one side of the story. His. And I'd bet my last dime that Mamabear's story will be quite, quite different. Make sure he discusses this with nobody but his attorney.
Couldn't agree more with Doggie's assessment. Having said that, I didn't see a question.

Couldn't agree more with Doggie's assessment. Having said that, I didn't see a question.
Most, not all but most false child abuse claims are proven false and/or unsubstantiated prior to charges being filed. The prosecution had to have had enough evidence to support the charges and that's what makes it more concerning.

aardvarc

I am not sure where to start with all of this as we have had to get a public defender due to short funds
Your options to assist someone being charged with a crime are a) hire them a lawyer, b) be supportive, and c) pray. If you lack the means to hire counsel for him, then he is stuck wtih the public defender, and you're limited to b) and c)

I can help but think that it is in his best dfense to point out that after these charges were pressed she moved him into her home and lived with her for a good year with no further incidents with this child.
That is certainly one approach his attorney might take.

I have known this man for almost twenty years and the accusations brought against him are outrageous this is not the kind of person he has ever been
Ted Bundy had people lined up at the courthouse to tell his judge the same thing. Just saying. His case isn't going to hinge on his reputation - it's going to hinge on whatever evidence the state has against him.

mmmagique

Looking in from the outside, he's got too many excuses for too many accusations. I would highly advise you to rethink this union.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">