• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Child abuse suspect needs help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

I

ibraham

State of Georgia. Friend of mine was charged and arrested for agravated assault because an infant he and his wife were babysitting turned up with a broken arm. Evidently there had been a fall in the crib which my friend reported to the parents. The next thing I know, the police are giving him a 1 question polygraph which he did not pass and promptly arrested him. My friend also has a new born child and she is currently being kept by the wife while my friend is incarcerated. What kind of evidence would the police need to arrest. From my knowledge, they only have perhaps the parents statement and a suspect polygraph. Is this a charge that has merit or are the police bullying him around for the sake of the child? Should we really be worried about possible jail time or is this standard procedure for suspected child abuse?
Thanks ahead of time,
Ibraham

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">