• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Child Care assistance and possible investigation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Indiana

I have been receiving child care help since 9/2008. I was married and living w/ spouse then, 1 child has an IEP and 1 child in first steps so we got moved up the list quickly. Well in 5/09 my husband and I separated, he got an apartment, they are aware of this. I have to re-certify each 6 months, well I had appt to R/C in Jan. but they had to close due to weather so I just went there this week. Anyways, my husband and I have been trying to work on things, he kept his apartment up until Jan. 2010, he was staying with me about 6 wks in Sept-Nov, and since he still had his own place I didn't call and let them know, then we were on outs again. We have been back and forth, together and not, honestly it's been like this for months.
Well when we filed for divorce in 5/09 I moved to my apt. and he moved into his, I moved the electric, etc...over to my place. The electric just transferred over, it's in my name and his name. Well, come this week I sent in the papers and just quickly filled out the forms, checking and signing the no change in household, not even thinking twice about it and faxed it over. I'm in nursing school, working full time, 4 kids, and he's in school part time too, so my mind just wasn't thinking. I faxed all the info needed, (daycare info, bills, pay stubs) well she calls and states that since the electric was in both of our names that we could be investigated. I tried to find out what this all meant? But I didn't get much info. I'm scared to tell them he's living w/ me now b/c I don't want it to seem as I lied.

She emailed me today and said please just send in a lease or something for him, so I don't know if I should just send it and go on or what? His lease is actually valid until April this year, but he is here now full time. I don't want to loose the daycare honestly b/c we are still contemplating divorce, and things are very very rough. I know if I loose it I will wait forever to get back on it. My goal is once I'm done w/ school I can get a better paying job and not need help w/ $$ which is why we are trying to work on it. We can't afford 2 homes w/ the kids and all that back and forth, it was too costly.

Any advice at all? I have another recert appt in 8 wks b/c my stubs were missing several days b/c I had a surgery, so they will re-eval in 8 weeks when my stubs are more accurate.

ShyCat

I'm scared to tell them he's living w/ me now b/c I don't want it to seem as I lied.

You did lie, and now you're trying to cover it up to continue the deception. Are you really expecting someone to assist you in fleecing Indiana taxpayers?

FYI, I did call and I went in and gave all needed paperwork. I bought his lease to show the dates he was there and paid rent, so all is good. :)

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
FYI, I did call and I went in and gave all needed paperwork. I bought his lease to show the dates he was there and paid rent, so all is good. :)
Did you tell them however that even though he has a lease he is LIVING with you? or did you leave out that fact?

Ohiogal,

the lease of mine shows I moved in alone, his lease shows his move in date. His lease shows his move out date and then mine the move in date here.
So no I left nothing out, he had his own apartment and I was not and DID NOT want to live w/ him, and honestly still don't but due to $$ I have no option.:rolleyes:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">