• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Child Molestation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

Janet_Troll

What is the name of your state? Fl

but the state i need info in is Wy. Ok, my uncle was charged with and convicted of child molestion on his granddaughter(which i know is false). The conviction was overturned because things were not done correctly in the trial. Anyways, as of right now he is out, and he is not allowed to live with his son because of his sons children, until they decide weather to retry him with out the mistakes that were done in the first trial. My question are these: how long can they wait to retry him, and is there a SOL on such things? Or can they hold this over this head, basically, forever? And will they inform him when/ if they decide to retry? and if they dont retry does he have to register as a sexual offender?

calatty

In CA the prosecution has 60 days to retry you. I'm sure Florida has a time limit, I just don't know how long it is.

J

Janet_Troll

its Wy that i need to knoe....if you dont know do you mabe know where i could go to look?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">