• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Child Molester?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Chelli

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Indiana
I am trying to find out if a doctor who molested me when I was a child did it to any of his other patients. I have tried the Indiana Health Professions Department, but it doesn't really go back as far as I need it to. This would have happened before 1980. Where else can I look? I suffer from DID as a result of what was done and I'm really looking for conformation. I have no desire to go public or to in any way interfere with the person's life. I just really need to know for my own peace of mind I guess. Would there be records if anyone came forward? (I didn't) Where would they be and how would I obtain access?
Thanks

CdwJava

How will knowing if there are other victims help you?

I recommend you continue therapy for what you feel and not try to dig up other potential victims.

If the offenses go back to 1980 or earlier, there are almost certainly no current police records of any such reports, and any records that might exist anywhere would be archived on microfilm or archived paperwork somewhere. No private or public agency is likely to search those archives absent some compelling reason (or a court order) to do so.

You do not need others to share in your pain to find some sort of resolution over the matter.

RichHill3

If you have the guys name and birthday you should be able to hunt him down for like 20 bucks somewhere on the internet. Definitely if he has been registered as a sex offender. If he hasn't been registered then he probably has never been called out.

Usually victims want to know there are other victims for peace of mind for a couple reasons. One is that if this guy was prosecuted, it takes the guilt away for the original victim because he paid for it.

I was abused, and the babysitter that abused me became a prostitute and that gave me peace of mind because while I never came forward and had him put away...I seen him drugged out and reaping the pain...that was enough for me to forgive and move on.

CdwJava

If other victims have not come forward and reported it, chances are they do not want to be reminded of it 30 years later when it is very likely it is too late to do anything about it.

Reports prior to 1980 are almost certainly not going to be on the internet, and hard files and microfilm will not be readily available.

Certainly the OP can check the state's sex offender registry to see if the doctor is there, but if he is still practicing, I suspect he was never convicted.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">