• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Child Neglect gone warrant

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

worriedbaker

My misd. child neglect charge was in Oregon. Back in 2001 I was charged with this misd. of child neglect and given probation. To make a long story short I was revoked and given 6 months in jail. I was supposed to show up a week after sentencing and never did. I left the state. Now I have totally changed my life around and have almost finished my associates degree. I tried to get a job at the local circle k while going to school and was turned down because my background check came back with a warrant. Would a judge understand my situation or am I screwed? Now I feel I have my life back on track but still have this warrant over my head and I am sure it will effect me getting a job in the health care field... what do I do?

CdwJava

You will have to go back to the state of issue and deal with it there. Nobody can say how much sympathy you might get from a judge since nobody knows your history or the nature of the charges.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">