• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Child Sex abuse

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

E

eqbroker

I have recently informed that a neighbor (12 year old) sexualy abused my 5 yr old son. I notified the police, went down and gave a statement. Yesterday I took my 5 yr old to a Childs Advoccate center where the Police, Assnt DA and an Childs advocate taped an interviewed with my 5 yr old. I was informed today that the police picked up the 12 yr old (police told me the minor knew why the police was there and did not want to make a statement) and took him down to be arrained. His parents were there waiting with an attorney.

The question is this: if the DA takes this to court and the judge dissmisses the case am I subject to any retalitory lawsuit from the parents of the 12 yr old? It is my understanding the issue is now with the county and the juvenille, not with me.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">