• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Child Sexual Abuse

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

tduerson

What is the name of your state? Kentucky
my problem is i was sexually and physically abused by my father. he was never indicted by the grand jury. i am now 29 years old and know very little about the law but i think i am right in saying that jury members are not suppost to know the people involved in the case i know for a fact there where 3 people on the jury who knew my family well. 1 man worked with my father for years and had been at our house several times. 1 woman knew both parents very well and there was another that knew my family. there are alot of things i think that was wrong in my case. and i would love to get my case back in court. there is phsical and medical evidence. what can i do

Last edited:

B

bnwaggoner

there is a law that once a case is tried once it can not be tried again. (double jepordy??) i might be wrong about the name, but i am sure there is a law like that. I was abused by my step father, and the police said they could not do anything about it because he said he didnt do it...other people that knew our family, knew something was wrong, but they couldnt figure out what, until i told 2 years later the abuse ended when i was 8 years old, and i am now 19. I am trying to find out how to get something done, but i am truly sorry, i dont think they can try him again. But there might be a loophole since there was a bunch of stuff wrong with your trial.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">